We're looking for a part-time Accountant to join the team.
Part-Time 20 hr / w
£15,000 - £17,500 p.a
Skylark is a beautiful and award winning golf and country club located in Whiteley, Hampshire. Skylark welcomes keen golfers to come and play on the 18 hole manicured golf course, hosts a range of events, dine in an award winning restaurant, relax in the newly refurbished spa, and enjoy excellent fitness facilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Standalone Accountant to manage the finance cycle from start to finish. Working closely with the Managing Director and Group CFO, the ideal candidate will be AAT qualified with VAT, budgeting and forecasting experience. Experience using Xero is desirable and the willingness to manage the full accounting process is essential.
This position is part time, working 20 hours per week over four days. The set hours are flexible for the right candidate. Proactivity and strong communication skills are essential for this position.
What will I be responsible for?
- Monthly & Annual preparation of accounts:
- Bank / Takings Reconciliation
- Purchase Ledger Entry
- Journal Entries
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Continuous management of financial systems and budgets
- Weekly payment runs for suppliers
- Monthly Payroll
- Cash flow Forecasts / Drawdown Requests
- Quarterly VAT returns and any queries
- Quarterly internal financial report submissions
- Monthly pacing report submissions
- Liaise with annual auditor requests
- Advising Managing Director on areas of business improvement
- Detecting and preventing fraud (forensic accounting)
- Negotiating terms with suppliers
- Process supplier invoices, chasing payments and reconciling accounts
- Cash up procedures
- P&L reviews
- Budgets and Forecasting
- Qualified Accountant (AAT)
- Strong written reporting skills
- Confident communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proactive with the ability to work well under pressure
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and PC literacy
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous
At Skylark Golf & Country Club, we offer the chance to work in a friendly team and in a business which values its people and their contribution, treats its staff with dignity and respect, recognising and rewarding their success.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Accountant we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!