Normally the winter is time for Greenkeepers to work shorter days, sit around waiting for dry spells and praying no disease hits the greens. Well Skylark is anything but 'normal'.
Our team of Greenkeepers and Construction Specialists are relentlessly working on developing and improving the golf course in time for the start of the new golf season.
Already this 'off season' our team have completed the following projects:
- Planted over 450 trees to the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 17th & 18th
- Installed new drainage lines to the greens/aprons on 4th & 7th,
- Turfed brand new medal tees on 11th & 17th.
- Constructed a new medal tee on 5th,
- Added drainage lines on the 10th tee run off,
- Tree thinning on 1st, 2nd, 4th & 9th
- Commenced drainage work on the 1st green.
- Drainage of green side bunker on the 1st
Between now and 1st May 2015 our talented team will complete the following projects:
- Construction of new practice putting green
- New fairway bunker on 11th
- 9th Hole Makeover - Part 1
- Construction of new starter hut
- New paths on 14th & 17th
- Repair fairway bunker on 13th
- Removal of Quindell 18th Green
- Continuous tree thinning to encourage growth
- Plant addiitonal trees on 1st & 2nd
We apologise for the 'small' amount of mess created while we complete these projects, it's all to have a much better golf course during the season.