We're looking for a Commis Chef to join the team.
We are looking for a full time Commis Chef to join our busy kitchen team.
This position would suit someone who has recently completed their level 1 or level 2 in food preparation looking to take their first step onto the career ladder within a company that supports personal development.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the successful Commis Chef will be responsible for food preparation in all areas of the kitchen. You will have excellent timekeeping and be eager to learn more about the food industry.
You will be accountable for:
- Cook at a consistently high level, as directed by the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Be responsible for hygiene and wastage in your own section and in the kitchen as a whole
- Liaise with the senior chefs on a daily basis with an accurate list of orders for the following day(s)
- Be flexible and willing to support colleagues if required
- Be able to maintain high standards of hygiene, adhering to the correct Health and Safety procedures
- Ensure that all Health and Safety and Food Safety certificates are kept up to date
- Take responsibility for the receipt and safe storage of deliveries
- Order stock
- Ensure that good levels of personal hygiene are maintained and dress code adhered to
- Any other reasonable duties as required to fulfil the needs of the business
- Continual learning and studying
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of working within a kitchen environment is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Eager to develop within the Food Industry
- Flexibility towards working hours is essential
In return for your hard work as a Commis Chef you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including discounted food and spa treatments at Skylark Golf & Country Club. You would also be entitled to free gym membership, uniform and parking.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Commis Chef we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY NOW below to register your interest!